retarders. Both were equipped with electro-mechanical lever frames of 1912 design with lamp monitoring and signal box A was relocated from its old position on the crossing structure to the already prepared Bremsturm (brake signal box). Leipzig, dresden, Engelsdorf, leipzig -Connewitz and, leipzig -Wahren, engelsdorf railways in the, leipzig suburb. In 2003, after the cessation of freight traffic, the entry and exit on the line to Geithain were also closed. At the same time, signal box 4, which controlled these routes, was closed and control of the remaining set of points at the transition to single-track operations towards Liebertwolkwitz was taken over by Leipzig Ost (east) electronic signalling centre. These are operated centrally by the dispatcher at the western hump, who was moved from signal box 2 to exit signal box 1 at the same time. Bahnhof, engelsdorf (b, leipzig ) until December 2016. Leipzig Werkstättenstraße The halt of Leipzig Werkstättenstraße, located south of the marshalling yard on the Leipzig Geithain railway, is served by the RB 113 Regionalbahn service. A direct approach from Leipzig Hauptbahnhof has not been possible since the upgrade of the line to Dresden. Leipzig-Industriegelände Ost The halt of Leipzig -Industriegelände Ost on Güterbahnhofstraße was located on the Leipzig Dresden railway under the footbridge over the freight yard from until It was used in particular by commuters on the Engelsdorf line, which was strong until the beginning of the.
Since the restarting of the route in 2004, services generally only stop on request. Signal box 4 was destroyed in an air raid during the Second World War and reconstructed in 1947 in a different style with yellow clinker brickwork and a lever frame of the Jüdel design from old spare parts. The halts of, leipzig, werkstättenstraße (on the, leipzig. It was located on Engelsdorfer Strasse and was replaced on by the new halt of Engelsdorf Hp (now Leipzig - Engelsdorf Hp). Engelsdorf Ost The halt of Engelsdorf Ost was opened on 1 November 1877 as Sommerfeld.
Today, the works is owned by the Railmaint company. It was closed without being replaced. It is possible for trains to run towards Dresden from the middle and the eastern end of the marshalling yard. After being sold by Deutsche Bahn in 2001, it became the main works of the RSM Group of Herr Hermann Weise.